Does Auto Detailing Increase the Value of Your Car?
The exterior of a vehicle includes the paint, trim, and wheels. Having a professional detailer clean these very visible parts of your car will make it more attractive to potential buyers. That may increase your car’s trade-in value or selling price if you decide to sell your vehicle or trade it in for a new one.
So when’s the best time to detail your car, if you’re thinking about getting a new one? That would be just before you think about selling or trading in your vehicle so that you can net the most amount possible.
Does Detailing Your Car Add Value?
Detailing your car is a process that’s designed to keep it looking fresh and clean. The detailing process can make your vehicle look new, but there are some things you should know before starting this project.
If you have a car worth more than $30,000, detailing it may be the best investment you can make. A good detailing job will not only make your car look nicer and last longer, but it will also hold its value better. The cost of maintaining a vehicle goes up with age and mileage, but detailing your car can be an important part of helping it hold on to as much of its resale value as possible.
Is It Worth Detailing a Car Before Selling?
It can be a lot of work to detail a car before selling it, but many people do so because it makes it look great and helps increase the price. If you detail your car, it will look newer and cleaner. You can save yourself a lot of work (and get more professional results) by taking your car for professional auto detailing. A good detailer should tell you if there are any major issues with your paint or other parts of your car’s exterior.
But the exterior isn’t the only part of the car that will be taken into consideration when you offer it for sale or as a trade-in. A clean engine compartment also gives the impression of a car that’s newer, well-maintained and therefore more value. So when you consider having your car detailed, engine detailing is a good service to include. And interior detailing can help bring extra shine to your car’s leather seats and other surfaces.
Tips for Preparing Your Car for Sale or Trade-in
No matter if you’re looking to get rid of an old car or trade it in for a new one, there are some essential things to do beforehand. These include:
- Checking your tire pressure and making sure they all match. Make sure the spare gets inflated as well.
- Changing the oil, which will help prevent any engine damage while you wait for a sale or trade-in.
- Cleaning out the trunk and removing anything that doesn’t belong, like trash or dirty clothes (or even food wrappers). Cleaning also includes checking under seats and inside doors for any lost items. You don’t want to leave valuables behind after emptying your car!
- Make sure everything works, including turn signals, windshield wipers, and lights.
- If your car is older or has high mileage, you may want to consider having it inspected by a mechanic beforehand.
Professional auto detailers have the equipment, cleaning products and know-how to make your car look as close to like-new condition as possible. Clean vehicles bring a higher selling price or trade-in price, so the cost of professional detailing is usually well worth it! Contact us today to book your appointment.